“The President should prioritize what needs to be prioritized!”

Dear President Rodrigo Roa Duterte,

    The government conducts many programs and projects, some are very beneficial to the people but some projects are not. I would gladly express my opinion about the so called “white sand manila bay” project.

    What is the beneficial purpose of the project? Is it to please the eyes of many people or to make the bay more presentable? Yes, the new version of the manila bay seems to be more pleasing than before, however did you research any harmful or dangerous effects of the material used in the “white sand manila bay” project? The material used in the project is an Anhydrous Carbonate mineral composed of Calcium Magnesium Carbonate, commonly known as Dolomite, Experts say this mineral is a threat to marine life; it is harmful to creature living in the water and along the shores of the bay. The mineral is also dangerous to humans when accidentally ingested. It is also a total waste of people’s money, that amount of money just to make a bay more presentable in the middle of a horrible pandemic. The bay is artificial and temporary.

    We should prioritize things that is really beneficial to the people, especially during this pandemic. People are suffering and even dying from this harmful disease yet you prioritize making a bay look presentable. The lives of the people should be prioritized.

References:

Author: author:Leilani Chavez

Link: https://news.mongabay.com/2020/09/manilas-new-white-sand-coast-is-a-threat-to-marine-life-groups-say/amp/ 

https://news.abs-cbn.com/amp/news/09/04/20/white-sand-palace-says-crushed-dolomite-boulders-used-to-cover-manila-bay

https://philnews.ph/2020/09/22/manila-bay-netizens-shares-photos-white-sand-wash-out-sea/

https://interaksyon.philstar.com/politics-issues/2020/04/17/166547/ano-ambag-mo-duterte-lashes-out-critics-govt-measures-vs-covid-19/amp/

Comments

  1. I love how you express your thoughts or opinions in your letter. Im glad that you are concern about the health of us humans and the marine life. You're right that the government should use the funds wisely and not using them for unnecessary projects. I agree to all what you said thank you for giving your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I agree with you and I'm glad that you think about people's health more than things that are not so important

    ReplyDelete
  3. We truly are disappointed in the actions of our president. I acknowledge your concern to our beloved nation. Your message is very powerful and heartfelt. You are such a brilliant writer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with what you said that the President should focus first on the needs of people especially this pandemic. I like how you show your concern for your fellow Filipino. I pray that this pandemic will end as well as the issues in our country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jazerey! I was very moved with your letter and I love how you shared your thoughts and addressed problems the president should work on. Your message really leaves a strong impact and I'm sure other people feel the same way too. Nice work and I hope to see more cool works from you! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I strongly agree with what you said about this issue. Many filipinos are disappointed like me with what he's doing in the middle of pandemic. We hope that he will open his eyes about this serious matter. I like how you shared your thoughts about this.God blesss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you that we should give priority to things that are really helpful to people, especially during this pandemic. I really appreciate your work. Keep safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your article had a strong message. I'm glad that you wrote an article about this issue. The way you raise your voice and thoughts is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you. I am glad that you are concerned about marine life. It is true that they should just invest on much more important things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're in accord that the funds should be wisely used by the government and not used for wasteful projects, in particular this pandemic. It illustrates how you care so much about our nation as a citizen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is exactly what I am looking for. You caught my attention and I love how honest and brave you are in stating real facts about what is happening in our country.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really agree with you Lhei! The fact that you were telling your own opinion was so amazing! Many people should come see this coz it's worth reading! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice content. I stand with you and I am grateful that you care about the wellbeing of people rather than things that are not so necessary.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment